Friday, September 7, 2012

Banana S'mores

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a great Friday and making plans for a fantastic weekend! I worked on the beach this morning doing turtle nesting work and when I came home, I was so tired. I wanted to relax and curl up with some delicious, comforting food. Unfortunately, that's not what I got.

My roommate has been bugging me for a while to make this Banana S'mores recipe, so I decided tonight would be a good night since it's a really simple recipe. I had most of the ingredients, I just had to buy the mini marshmallows so it was quick to get my stuff together as well!


Banana S'mores

Website: http://quick-dish.tablespoon.com/2011/08/24/grilled-chocolate-banana-melts/

This recipe is supposed to be grilled, but the great thing is that they give you a guide on how to cook them if you don't have a grill; you simply set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The great thing about this recipe is it seriously takes about two minutes to prepare. So, without further ado, let's get this recipe started.

Grab all of your ingredients first

Cut your banana right down the middle and open it up a bit.

Load it up with noms!!


Before you wrap your s'mores banana up, spray the aluminum foil with Pam. The recipe didn't say this, but it will make your life a million times easier when it comes time to take it out of the foil. Wrap your banana up, making sure that your foil doesn't touch your ingredients.

Pop these babies in the oven at 400 degrees
 The recipe said that these only had to cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees, but when I took them out of the oven after 5 minutes, they weren't completely melted. So, I vented the foil a bit so the marshmallow would toast and put it back in the oven for another 4 minutes. I would suggest cooking yours anywhere from 8-10 minutes.

It's lookin' good, just missing one ingredient...

Graham crackers!!! 

We put our graham crackers in a bag and crushed them with a meat tenderizer (but you could always use a sturdy bottle if you need to ). Make sure to put them in a ziploc bag so you don't get crumbs everywhere!


We put a half of a graham cracker on each of our bananas.


After these came out of the oven, we were so excited that we could barely contain ourselves! We grabbed a couple of forks, dug in, and......they were gross! Well, maybe gross isn't the word for it; a better term might be weird. Something about the whole mixture of these ingredients just didn't taste right. We were very disappointed in this dish since it seems to be all the rage on Pinterest. I suppose if you had kids who don't like their fruit, this might be a suitable way to "disguise" it so they will actually eat it. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest this recipe; instead, I'd just make a good old fashioned s'more.

Thanks again for stopping by my blog and I hope you enjoyed today's recipe (sorry it was a bust tonight though). Stop by soon to see more recipes that I will be reviewing from Pinterest! Also, don't forget to subscribe to my blog (the link is on the right hand side of this page below the search box. Hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment