Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Orange Creamsicle

I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but here in Florida it is ridiculously hot and getting even hotter as the month continues. In my opinion, one of the best ways to cool down is with a nice refreshing drink. And what could be more refreshing than a tall glass of orange creamsicle?

There are a lot of funky creamsicle recipes on Pinterest, some of which sound great, others not so much...I'm somewhat of a purist and like things that remind me of the good old days, so I found a recipe for a good old fashioned orange creamsicle which only has two ingredients: vanilla ice cream and orange soda.

Now, an orange creamsicle is great, but I thought to myself: "How could I make this better?" The only answer I cam up with was alcohol! If you aren't fond of alcohol, feel free to omit this from this recipe, but if you are a fan then enjoy! I decided to use vanilla vodka in this recipe (as opposed to whipped cream vodka) because I thought it would taste better with the vanilla ice cream, but feel free to experiment! :)


Orange Creamsicle Cocktail 

Website: http://valsocal.blogspot.com/search/label/drinks

So, this recipe is super simple and fantastic for a hot day (especially in Florida).  There's really not much to save you time because it takes literally two minutes to whip together (and even less time before you drink it all!). I gathered up all of my ingredients on this sweltering summer day and started making my delicious drink.


The first step is going to be to put in your vanilla ice cream. I like a lot of ice cream, but if not you can put in less. I put in about two full scoops (yum!). 


The next step is to add your delicious vanilla vodka.  This is the first time I've ever tried vanilla vodka, but the minute I opened the bottle, I knew I had made the right choice. This vodka smells exactly like vanilla extract and it is so intoxicating that I almost drank it right out of the bottle!


Next, you'll want to add your orange soda. I used Crush, but any orange soda will work. 


After you pour the soda, give your drink a stir (I used a chopstick to stir mine; I keep it classy) and it should start looking pretty tasty!



And no soda (or soda-based) drink is complete without a bendy straw, so make sure to add one! Now go, make yourself one of these amazing drinks, and enjoy the nice (yet swelteringly hot) day. 


Thanks again for reading my blog and I hope you all enjoy the recipes I've been posting. Don't forget that you can leave me a recipe in the comments and I will try it out for you, give you some tips, and (most importantly) let you know how it tastes! Please subscribe to my blog if you like what you're seeing; the button is on the right hand side of this page below the search bar.

Sorry for the short post today everyone, but I have to go up north soon to help take care of some baby Pilot whales which were stranded a few days ago. After that, I have to go do sea turtle nesting work on the beach! It's gonna be a long night, but it should be an exciting one. I promise I will make up for today's short post in my next post, so make sure you stay tuned!

If you would like more information on the stranded Pilot whales, here is a full story about it: http://m.tcpalm.com/news/2012/sep/02/5-juvenile-whales-under-round-the-clock-care-in/

No comments:

Post a Comment