Sunday, September 16, 2012

Microwave Kettle Corn

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend full of fun and exciting adventures! My weekend was kind of hectic and crazy, so tonight I wanted a really simple, but oh-so delicious snack and what I was really craving was popcorn. Not just any popcorn though, I wanted the King of all popcorn; I wanted kettle corn. So I turned to Pinterest for advice on how to make this delectable snack quickly and easily and, of course, Pinterest did not fail me!

I found a great and simple recipe for it and I guarantee you have most of the ingredients in your house right now except for the popcorn kernels (but I had them so who knows, you might have them too!). All it calls for is popcorn kernels, sugar, salt, vegetable oil, and a brown paper bag that you would pack lunches in. Simple, huh? So, without further ado, I give you a simple and easy snack to make sometime this week! Enjoy!


Microwave Kettle Corn

Website: http://www.food.com/recipe/kettle-corn-microwave-301472

The first thing you'll want to do is get all of your ingredients together (mise en place!!)


You mix all of your ingredients in a bowl first so that your popcorn gets evenly coated with all of the ingredients.


Popcorn kernels with sugar and salt added

This is after the vegetable oil was added. Make sure to coat all kernels well.

When you're done coating your kernels, pour them into your brown paper bag (and make sure you scrape all the sugar/salt mixture from the bowl and put that into the bag. When you're done, you'll want to fold the paper bag over a couple of times. The recipe said to staple it, but I don't like the idea of putting metal staples into my microwave, so I just folded it really well. I also put my bag onto a microwavable plate because I had a sneaking suspicion that the oil was going to seep through the bag.


As you can see, my suspicions were correct (I should be a detective!)

I microwaved mine for about two minutes; you might need more or less depending on your microwave. Just know that this popcorn has a tendency to burn! Even at about the two minute mark, I could smell a little bit of burning. Just keep an eye (and an ear) on your popcorn to make sure it doesn't burn! Also, be extremely careful when taking your plate out of the microwave. Mine got really hot from the oil and I hurt my hand a bit, so keep that in mind when you're taking yours out.

Here is the yummy popcorn!

The popcorn was really simple to make (it probably took me two minutes to prepare) and was actually really yummy! I like this popcorn because it doesn't taste so processed like a lot of the pre-made popcorn bags do. I, personally, would add more sugar, but that's because I'm part hummingbird and basically live off of sugar haha. Also, just keep an eye on the time when you're making it so it doesn't burn. Other than that, it's really quick, easy, and cheap so I would definitely recommend it!

Thanks for coming to my blog again! I hope you enjoyed today's recipe and let me know if you try it out for yourself! Also, don't forget to subscribe to my blog to get updates when I put up new posts by clicking the subscribe button below the search bar on the right hand side of this page (if you're on a mobile device, you will have to click "view web version" at the bottom of the page, then follow the directions above!). If you ever have a Pinterest recipe that you'd like me to try, leave me a comment and I'll be sure to make it as soon as I can! I hope you all have a great week and keep checking back for my next recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment